Positive Psychology: theory, research and applications
This book presents the latest research and developments on the themes of happiness, flow, optimism, motivation, personal strengths, love and much more. In particular, you will find out how levels of happiness can be increased, what stops us from flourishing and how positive psychology can be applied to many professional disciplines.
This new book combines a wealth of information about positive psychology with reflective questions, critical comments and up-to-date research. This includes:
- Personal development exercises to help you mix research and practical application
- Mock assessment questions
- Reflection exercises targeting the concepts and theories studied
- Experiments boxes listing all the most significant current scientific experiments
- Suggestions for further resource materials
- Measurement tools for positive psychology
- Chapter summaries to help you check if you have understood
- Review questions to help you reinforce what you have learned
“This book is a valuable resource for students seeking an introduction to Positive Psychology, and a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of this innovative approach to the study and experience of human behaviour. It largely covers the major theories and concepts developed in Positive Psychology and the importance they have in interventions and applications in different areas of life. Hefferon and Boniwell have a rigorous yet accessible and friendly style. Through effective learning methods, they engage the reader actively through critical reflection on each theme. The authors discuss the different problems and open questions that still characterise Positive Psychology as a recent field through an objective and balanced approach.” Antonella Delle Fave, University of Milan, Italy.
Out of stock